Saturday, April 4, 2009

Random Hits

I am fascinated by the random hits I get on this blog.

The day after posting my small outburst at Cargill and ADM, I noticed two hits from each entity the following day. They probably have automatic search combs weaving through the web, hunting...searching...looking for statistically significant bad publicity. I find this an intriguing concept. When you've got vast resources at your disposal, hire a group of guys (they're probably men) to comb over the million or so "Cargill" meta-tag hits daily and report to management regarding sites whose content doesn't tow the line and that have significant web traffic. Management can then tailor their public relations responses as appropriate. Fascinating!

Then, I've got a growing number of hits from people entering "Recession's over" into their search engines. They are taken to my sarcastic blog suggesting that March 12th was the day the Great Recession ended. But what this shows me is that there's this great sense of calmness rolling across this land, people are waking out of our recessionary hibernation and peeking outside, wondering if the sun is warm or if more cold winter weather awaits. Isn't that what you're thinking as well? I mean, come on, the recession is over...right? We are 20% off our market lows, haven't heard of any other chain store failures, stimulus is stimulating, new homes are being built and offered on subsidized tax incentives, banks are, ahem, lending again...the recession is over, right? Isn't it? It's gotta be...right?

Lastly, I get some interest on my SMUD solar shares post. Indeed, that's the only reason this blog ever got started, to try to provide others information on PV projects.

Blog on.

No comments: