Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Others

So, I lost my bet with my co-worker today. I thought that our government would do everything in their power to prevent an auto bankruptcy.

Negotiations are over. Troops are marching to their doom. Chrysler failed to reach agreements with others to stave off bankruptcy today. I now owe my Bangladeshi co-worker lunch; not a happy meal, mind you, but something good.

First of all, I know why people aren't buying new cars. All you fucking Americans have decided to steal other people's cars...as my truck was stolen yesterday morning. Yep...you can count on others to help you out of your predicaments...other people's cars...other people's money (i.e., the taxpayers), bombing brown others to keep defense jobs, or borrowing from future others (i.e., future American debtors). Do everything you can to shift the financial responsibility to The Other.

That's the exact position that landed us in this mild economic slowdown to begin with...cheap credit that bought houses on margin that were ultimately Welshed upon because that's the way things are done in America nowadays...call it the Something For Nothing culture, or the Ethos of Unearned Riches.

No comments: