Monday, October 26, 2009

Speed Kills

Speed kills.

Well, in this case, not a killer event, but it damn well could have been:


Just another night in Elk Grove, just another car accident due to nothing but excessive speed, just another waste of our EGPD dollars responding to just another dumbshit driver, just another dumbshit driver adding to the cost of all our insurance premiums.

And just in front of my house...or rather, on Frye Creek and Deepdale, just to the side of my house. I don't park on the side anymore, but for twelve years my truck was parked on that side and it didn't get hit but it was only a matter of time. This time it was a parked car on the neighbor's side and this lady hit the parked car and careened it into the brick wall on the other side of the street.

It very easily could have been a pedestrian or a bicyclist fatality had we actually had any bicyclists or pedestrians in our city...but we don't, 'cause everyone drives, so in this case only the young female driver was shaken up. Her family members were quite indignant with me as I was taking photos of the wreck, clearly pissed that I was doing so. "Hey, you want to take photos of me, I'm photogenic," and "Hey, you a policeman, you got a right to do that?" but the EGPD just let me do it. I did it to document the wreck so perhaps my fucking city will install some "calming" devices on this street.

Not that I expect them to work even if I can convince them. It isn't the calming devices, it's the dumbshit drivers that need to be calmed. And Elk Grove is full of them.

No comments: