Monday, June 22, 2009

Peace Sells

Mr. Gates wants to provide some missile defense protection for Hawai'i, in case North Korea launches a missile over the Pacific Ocean.

Please.

What do you suppose the odds are, the odds, that Pyongyang has developed a sufficiently accurate ballistic device that could deliver munitions within even a few leagues of a target 4,700 miles away?

Please.

I suppose I should lie awake in terror each night, frightened that my little Elk Grove is not just some blip on a map anymore, that it's such a large sprawled out suburban landscraper worthy of a North Korean assault on my Freedoms and My Way Of Life...presupposing they have a missile capable of reaching the west coast. While I'm not advocating that Mr. Il raze this city with an atomic device so that we could start over with building a city that's worth a shit,...

Please.

We're going to hear it again, that America the world will be safer once we remove this threat to peace. I'd bet my investments in Raytheon are going to do very, very well because peace sells, and defense contractors are about the only bright spot in our wretched economy aside from WalMart and McDonalds

    What those two corporations wouldn't give to open new markets in North Korea someday...
and someday they might...if Mr. Il and his Ilk are forcibly removed! Wa-hey! Thankfully, wheew, Raytheon offers defense systems that are ready to help to protect our Way Of Life. I'm sleeping better tonight.

No comments: