Thursday, October 2, 2008

SB 375

Excellent! The governor signed into law yesterday this senate bill. My earlier blog here described the guts of this anti-sprawl bill. Darrell Steinberg authored it, two years in the making.

When I lived in Colonial Heights in South Sacramento, Darrell Steinberg was on the City Council and worked on several areas of improvements for the low income district he represented. I attended several meetings he hosted for my neighborhood for improving after school programs, crime associations, and other endeavors. As a Republican at the time, I didn't think much of him...I was anti-Democrat, all the time. He moved on to State Assembly and now State Senate.

I note that the politicians who seriously work on the all the things the Franklin Monologues takes issue with are...only Democrats. They would also likely be Greens -- if they could ever get voted into office.

No comments: